Only a few days to go before GDG DevFest Philippines 2015! The tentative agenda is posted at http://devfest.gdgph.org/p/agenda.html. On both days, there will be a keynote followed by parallel workshops on Android M, Firebase, Material Design, Polymer, Cardboard, and more!
The workshops will be first come first served for each session and there will be a maximum number of participants per room. You are free to choose which track you want or the specific sessions you want to join. For example, you can join Code Lab Track 3 for the whole day. You can also choose session 1 of Code Lab Track1, session 2 of Code Lab Track 2, and session 3 of Code Lab Track 4.
You will need to bring your own computers for the workshops. There are also some things you need to download and setup on your machines before the workshop. It will be better if you can also bring your own extension cords and pocket wifi/dongles.
- All workshops:We will be using Git and Github for our workshops. Please create a Github account and download Git on your computers. To learn more about Git, you can take the How to Use Git and GitHub Udacity course.
- Android workshops:
- Android Studio 1.2+. You can find instructions here.
- Download Android 6.0 Platform and System images and the latest versions of Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-tools, Android SDK Build-tools, Android Support Repository, Android Support Library, Google Repository, Google Play services from the SDK Manager.
- It is also recommended to bring your Android device. You need to enable USB debugging and set up your machine to detect your Android device. Check this page if you need help. You can install a third-party Android emulator too, like Genymotion (follow this link for instructions in installing Genymotion)
- Cardboard Workshops: download Unity 3D
- Web Workshops:
- a text editor and a browser like Google Chrome
- Polymer workshops:
- a text editor of your choice
- Google Chrome with Chrome Dev Editor
For any question about installation and setup of the needed software, feel free to contact us before the event. We might not be able to help you during the event for installation and setup.
Add GDG Philippines in your Google+ circles and check http://devfest.gdgph.org for more details about the event.